General VIN information
• Polaris products have adopted and use the industry standard of a 17 digit VIN.
– The first 3 characters identify the manufacturer of the vehicle
– Digits 4-8: Are the vehicle attributes
– Digit 9: Is a check digit
– Digit 10: Is Model Year
– Digit 11: Is plant code
– Digits 12-17: Are sequential numbers
• All VIN and safety information labels can also be found in each product's owner manual in the “INTRODUCTION” section. This includes VIN locations and details description of safety labels.
• For units that are older than 1999 the VIN’s are 7 digits long. The 2nd and 3rd digits indicate the year. Often this information is explained in the owners manuals but was not found in every owners manual.
• If EU cannot find the VIN or only has only partial VIN, advise EU to continue looking and consult their local authorized dealer for help.
• **Frame rail = part of the units frame that is square
• **Frame tube = part of the units frame that is round or circular